Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You've also got to decide a tier...DW Ubers, Wifi ubers, DW OU, Wifi OU, UU, LU, NU, battle factory....there's tonnes of tiers :/
    Unus moment of poena an infinitio of sileo.

I think random battles might be fun. We won't need to invest so much time trying to craft a team (let's face it, some of us will go overboard), and will keep us thinking on our toes. Albeit, with a prize on the line, some of us might not be so happy to lose because we got a terrible team... But I think this might be a fun way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
    Albeit, with a prize on the line, some of us might not be so happy to lose because we got a terrible team...
    That's exactly what I was thinking, but I never win the prizes/raffles here anyways, so I'm fine with it. This would be my first chance to participate in a dsdb tournament, so I don't care what actual tier we use as long as I can play.

Sounds fun with random pokemon. I don't mind the randomness that much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
    I think random battles might be fun. We won't need to invest so much time trying to craft a team (let's face it, some of us will go overboard), and will keep us thinking on our toes. Albeit, with a prize on the line, some of us might not be so happy to lose because we got a terrible team... But I think this might be a fun way to go?
    It's 100% luck based though. The levels are randomized, as are the moves, natures and evolution stages. You could get a caterpie and a weedle at level 71 and be against a Dragonite level 94 and a Lugia level 98. It's extremely imbalanced.

They seem to give a set level, rather, there is one 95, one 86, one 74 or something like that. While I agree you could get a weaker team or a badly matched game, the format of the tournament will be the first round or two will be random battles, then it moves on to a tier. In the first round, I'm hoping that it will be acceptable, and allow those who are unfamiliar to have some experience and some time to build their teams.

If people want help, feel free to PM me, and I can guide them into creating a team.

Source: Too much competitive battling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12